Your daily dose of news and happenings from around the drink-o-sphere:
– While Thailand’s beer scene is dominated by a few macro lagers, one bar on the island of Koh Tao boasts some of the best craft beers in the world.
– Maria Garcia, République’s new wine director, has quickly become one of LA’s most influential sommeliers.
– As part of a rehabilitation program, one sommelier in Italy is training inmates to be wine stewards.
– As global warming threatens vineyards, Jackson Family Wines has turned to a hybrid approach of old school and new school methods to adapt.
– Finally, even craft brewers admire the consistency and crisp flavor of Miller High Life.
[Photo: Flickr/Alan Levine]