Tony Abou-Ganim created this drink as the signature cocktail at the Starlight Room. As the sugared rim hints at, it’s model was the Brandy Crusta of 19th-century fame. It remains his best known original cocktail.
- 1 1/2 ounces Captain Morgan spiced rum
- 1 ounce lemon juice
- 3/4 ounce Curaçao
- 1/2 ounce simple syrup
- cinnamon sugar (1:1, cinnamon:sugar mixture), for rimming
Garnish: orange twist
- Prepare a chilled coupe rimmed with cinnamon sugar.
- Combine rum, lemon juice, Curaçao and simple syrup in a cocktail shaker.
- Shake ingredients with ice until chilled, about 15 seconds.
- Strain into prepared coupe and garnish with an orange twist.