“Rum is probably the most versatile, friendly spirit ingredient there is,” says Jim Kearns. Calling on winter-friendly Spanish-style and Jamaican rums, plus rhum agricole, Kearns’ Happiest Hour Daiquiri borrows the classic tiki trick of blending base spirits to add complexity, for a twist on the timeless summer classic.
- 3/4 ounce lime
- 3/4 ounce lemon oleo saccharum
- 1 ounce lightly aged rum, preferably Santa Teresa Claro
- 1/2 ounce aged rum, preferably Appleton Reserve
- 1/2 ounce rhum agricole, preferably Duquesne
Garnish: grated lime zest
- Combine all ingredients in shaker with ice and shake.
- Strain into a chilled coupe or cocktail glass.