Pink, citrus-forward drinks aren’t solely the dominion of summer. In this amalgam of biting Aperol, tangy hibiscus-infused Pisco and autumnal thyme syrup, Raphael Chavez from Freemans creates a bitter-sour refresher that surpasses seasonal labels and looks damn good, to boot.
- 1 1/2 ounces hibiscus-infused pisco (See Editor's Note)
- 1/2 ounce Aperol
- 1/2 ounce thyme simple syrup (See Editor's Note)
- 1/2 ounce grapefruit juice
- 1/2 ounce lime juice
Garnish: Sprig of thyme
- Add all ingredients to a shaking tin, add ice and shake until chilled.
- Strain into a coupe glass and garnish with a sprig of thyme.
Hibiscus-Infused Pisco:4 tablespoons hibiscus flower
750ml bottle pisco Add 4 tablespoons of hibiscus flower for every 750ml of pisco and allow to infuse for 40 minutes. Thyme Simple Syrup: 1 cup sugar
1 cup hot water
half a bundle of thyme Add one cup of sugar to one cup of hot water and stir until dissolved. Add half a bundle of thyme to the simple syrup while warm and let steep for 20-40 minutes to infuse. Strain, bottle and refrigerate for up to two weeks.