A Trader Vic original, the Royal Bermuda Yacht Club is Vic’s tiki-fied version of the Daiquiri. Instead of one-dimensional simple syrup, Vic substituted orange curaçao and spiced falernum to intensify the tropical flavors and presumably translate the feeling of a Caribbean port-of-call.
- 1 1/2 ounces rum (preferably El Dorado 5 Year)
- 1/2 ounce falernum
- 1/4 ounce orange curacao (preferably Pierre Ferrand)
- 3/4 ounce lime juice
Garnish: lime wheel
- Add all ingredients to a mixing glass.
- Add ice and shake until chilled.
- Strain into a chilled coupe glass.
- Garnish with a lime wheel.