At Sauvage, the presentation of this bracing Martini is lean and spare: pre-batched in bottles, chilled in the freezer and poured when ordered, inspired by similar presentation at London hotel bars and in Japan. Here’s a version to make a generous single-serve version at home, as well as the instructions for batching (and freezing) ahead.
- 2 3/4 ounces Mahon Xoriguer gin
- 1/2 ounce Luli Moscato Chinato
- 3 dashes orange bitters
Garnish: caperberry, nasturtium blossom, fresh juniper sprig, thin lemon peel
- In a mixing glass, stir together all ingredients with ice.
- Stir and strain into a coupe.
- Serve with a sidecar of ice, caperberry, nasturtium blossom, fresh juniper sprig and lemon peel.
Pre-batched Sauvage Martini
5 1/2 parts Mahon Xoriger gin
1 part Luli Moscato Chinato
2 parts water
1. Stir together all ingredients, and decant into a 750ml bottle.
2. Store the bottle in the freezer for several hours, or overnight.
3. When ready to serve, give the bottle a quick shake and pour 3 1/2 ounces into a chilled cocktail glass.