Jeff Beachbum Berry conceived of this recipe as an “intermission drink”—a light refresher intended to be consumed in between full-strength cocktails. The name pays tribute to David Wondrich, a proponent of this practice, and incidentally, the first guest to request a sherry drink at Berry’s Latitude 29.
- 1 1/2 ounces amontillado sherry
- 3/4 ounce pineapple juice
- 3/4 ounce sweet vermouth
- 3/4 ounce Sabra liqueur, or 1/2 ounce allspice liqueur
- 1 dash Angostura bitters
Garnish: pineapple wedge
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing tin and shake with ice.
- Strain into a chilled coupe or cocktail glass.
- Garnish with a pineapple wedge.