Tropical cocktails don’t need to be elaborate—after all, they’re inspired by long, lazy days by the beach. Take it easy with these simplified, summer-ready cocktail recipes, which marry the bitterness and lower ABV of aperitivo with the sweet-and-sour side of tiki.
The formula is simple: Each cocktail is anchored by bitter liqueurs like MARTINI & ROSSI® Fiero and MARTINI & ROSSI® Riserva Speciale Bitter. Next, they’re layered with tropical flavors from fresh fruit and spirits like rum and tequila, and finished with plenty of bubbles. Each cocktail can be shaken, stirred, or built and customized to your palate.
So go ahead, grab a cocktail umbrella or two: It’s time for aperitiki hour.
Round out your margarita with a touch of bittersweet orange from MARTINI & ROSSI® Fiero vermouth.
1 ounce MARTINI & ROSSI Fiero vermouth
1 ounce Cazadores blanco tequila
3/4 ounce fresh lime juice
1/2 ounce simple syrup
Garnish: salt for rim of glass, lime wheel
- Prepare a rocks glass with a salted rim.
- Add the MARTINI & ROSSI Fiero, Cazadores blanco tequila, fresh lime juice and simple syrup to a cocktail shaker.
- Add ice, then shake until chilled.
- Strain into a prepared rocks glass.
- Garnish with a lime wheel.
This tiki take on the Godfather cocktail uses MARTINI & ROSSI Riserva Speciale Bitter with saffron, angostura and calumba botanicals, and rum instead of Scotch.
2 ounces Bacardí Ocho rum
1 ounce MARTINI & ROSSI Riserva Speciale Rubino
1/4 ounce MARTINI & ROSSI Riserva Speciale Bitter
Garnish: orange twist
- Add all ingredients to a mixing glass, and stir to integrate.
- Pour into a rocks glass over a large ice cube.
- Garnish with an orange twist.
Fiero & Flavored Seltzer
An endlessly customizable summer classic with a tropical spin: Top orange MARTINI & ROSSI® Fiero vermouth with a splash of your favorite fruit-flavored soda water.
3 ounces MARTINI & ROSSI® Fiero vermouth
3 ounces coconut- or pineapple-flavored soda water
Garnish: pineapple slice
- Fill a balloon glass with ice cubes.
- Add MARTINI & ROSSI Fiero to the glass, followed by the flavored soda water. Stir to incorporate.
- Garnish with a pineapple slice.