Your daily dose of news and happenings from around the drink-o-sphere:
– Adding to the countrywide outcry over North Carolina’s new public bathroom law, Ashville’s Wedge Brewing Company has begun protesting the legislation by printing “#F*CK HB2” on the bottoms of their beer cans.
– Single malts, now made around the world from Texas to Taiwan, offer sweeter, nuttier alternatives to those from Scotland at a variety of price points.
– La Fuente, an Old School Mexican cantina, has resisted the urge to hike prices over the years, creating a unique atmosphere that attracts all walks of Guadalajara society.
– La Tropical, Cuba’s oldest beer, has been revived in Miami by the original founder’s descendants.
– Finally, Bloomberg reveals six unexpected drinking trends from around the world.
[Photo: Flickr/Rob Brewer]