Your daily dose of news and happenings from around the drink-o-sphere:
– After rumors that the AB InBev and SABMiller merger could be in trouble, the two beer giants have finally reached an agreement. Should the union follow through, the new company will control 30% of the world’s beer.
– Dewar’s is using a virtual reality tour of the process behind their newest product to attract customers.
– An emerging trend among alcohol manufacturers: adding more sugar to drinks to appeal to younger customers who grew up with sweet sodas and energy drinks.
– In Iceland, an impending strike of of public workers will mean a several-days-long closing of all alcohol stores across the country.
– Kombucha makers in the U.S. are urging the federal government to rethink their threshold for alcohol labeling.
– Finally, re-live the hot mess of college with this new “Frat House Basement Party” scented candle.