Your daily dose of news and happenings from around the drink-o-sphere:
– A new law will give California’s alcohol producers more freedom on social media.
– Research from the University of Adelaide shows agave plants may be useful in creating biofuels.
– A group of “winemaking punks” who go by Collectif Anonyme are shaking things up with politically-motivated natural wine.
– 2015 vintages from regions including Bordeaux, Rioja and Burgundy could be some of the best in years.
– Sales in rare whiskey have hit a record high this year. Maybe it’s time to invest?
– Rumors are brewing that the potential merger between SABMiller and AB InBev may be in trouble.
– Finally, if you’ve ever thought, “Man, I wish I could down this Champagne even faster,” the Chambong is for you.
[Photo: Flickr/L.C. Nottaasen]