Your daily dose of news and happenings from around the drink-o-sphere:
– NPR interviews David White, author of But First, Champagne, about the changing perceptions of the celebrated sparkling wine.
– According to Esther Mobley, the quality and popularity of California riesling are both on the rise.
– A new study suggests that alcohol can work similarly to anti-depressants, affirming the link between depression and alcoholism.
– Goose Island will pasteurize its beers to prevent unwanted bacteria for the first time in the company’s 28-year history.
– Finally, Eric Asimov remembers Stanislao Radikon, a natural wine purist operating in the Collio region of Italy, who died this month of cancer at age 62.
[Photo: Flickr/jon oropez]