Your daily dose of news and happenings from around the drink-o-sphere:
– In the New York Times, Rosie Schaap delves into the art of naming cocktails.
– Coffee roasters since 1920, Kobrick Coffee Company has opened its first café in Manhattan where it serves alcoholic “coffee cocktails” alongside traditional fare.
– In protest of cheap wine imports, a gang of “wine militants” has set fire to the Vinadeis offices in France.
– After receiving approval from the U.S. Department Of Justice, the world’s biggest beer merger between Anheuser-Busch InBev and SABMiller is one step closer to completion.
– Finally, as if lifted directly from a Portlandia sketch, one Portland vintner eschews electricity and fuel, opting instead to employ methods dating back to 1899.
[Photo: Flickr/Camila Tamara Silva Sepúlveda]