Your daily dose of news and happenings from around the drink-o-sphere:
– Produced by distilling the palm flower through a metal pipe, arak is the drink of choice in Bali.
– Americans’ thirst for Mexican beer is using so much water that it has left one municipality utterly arid.
– Thanks to the introduction of cold-hardy grapes, Wisconsin’s wine industry is thriving.
– Decimated by hailstorms, Burgundy’s wine shortages are prompting fears over an imminent “apocalypse.”
– Finally, the butterfly pea flower has the ability to change color when combined with citrus, making it a popular ingredient at cocktail bars.
[Photo: Flickr/Willem van Bergen]