Your daily dose of news and happenings from around the drink-o-sphere:
– A British food activist has created a beer made from surplus and leftover bread to combat food waste.
– The Specialty Coffee Association of America has created a coffee flavor wheel that helps establish the terroir, taste and intensity of your favorite bean.
– Oscar-nominated Danish director Thomas Vinterberg is tackling a movie celebrating alcohol in response to “the very medical and chaste way of living that is spreading like a disease.”
– Sam Adams has debuted a line of nitro beers.
– The merger of two of America’s biggest wine distributors—Southern Wine & Spirits and Glazer’s Inc.—could mean less space on chain-store shelves for smaller wineries.
– American wine consumption is expected to see a per capita decrease for the first time in 20 years due to “generational shifts in consumption patterns.”
– Finally, country star Zac Brown has announced his own line of wines, Z. Alexander Brown wines, kicking off with a $19.99 cabernet sauvignon.