Your daily dose of news and happenings from around the drink-o-sphere:
– Capitalizing on the Netherlands’ wet weather, a group of entrepreneurs has launched Amsterdam’s first beer made from rainwater.
– A push for conservation and a backlash against vineyard development in Paso Robles suggest that the wine region is experiencing its first growing pains.
– Breweries are running out of hop puns and consequently finding themselves in legal battles to protect the names of their beers.
– After several failed attempts at home brewing, two students launched ShinDigger Brewing Company, now one of Manchester’s most esteemed breweries.
– Finally, Dave McIntyre samples a 1914 vintage of Bollinger, part of a hidden stash of nearly 600 bottles recently discovered in the winery’s cellar.
[Photo: Flickr/Adam Barhan]