Your daily dose of news and happenings from around the drink-o-sphere:
– A secondary whiskey market operating via private Facebook groups was shut down in a virtual raid by the social media company, prompting questions over the legitimacy of both the online sales and the decision to terminate them.
– A new sparkling wine classification system created in Burgundy will include both “Eminent” and “Grand Eminent” labels.
– Taylor Swift reveals the sad fact that her cocktail of choice is Diet Coke and vodka.
– The Huffington Post takes us inside the wine cellars of the Antinori family, one of Italy’s oldest wine producing families with six centuries of winemaking history.
– Harbin, a remote province in the northeast of China, retains a strong Russian influence particularly in the region’s unusual taste for vodka.
– Todd Boera is bringing the notion of terroir to beer, creating distinctive brews from ingredients indigenous to the Appalachian Mountains.
[Photo: Flickr/Ashley Harrigan]