Your daily dose of news and happenings from around the drink-o-sphere:
– David Wondrich chronicles the history of the Irish bar in Manhattan.
– The makers of blue wine have been banned from marketing their product as “blue wine.”
– A problematic batch of vodka is being recalled after accidentally being bottled at 81 percent ABV.
– A group of bartenders have rallied around a Mexican bartender who was denied entry at the U.S. border.
– The team behind the Aviary in Chicago are opening a New York outpost.
– Dr. Berndt Finke is one of only six individuals who know the secret recipe for Jägermeister.
– Aaron Goldfarb offers a short, illustrated guide to craft beer in America.
– A distillery in Goa relies on local Indian ingredients in the production of its renowned single malt.
– Finally, after giving up beer for Lent, Leandra Ruiz won a contest to have Budweiser delivered by the brand’s Clydesdales.