Your daily dose of news and happenings from around the drink-o-sphere:
– Specific alcohol brands shown in ads may have more influence on underage drinkers that one might think.
– In a time when many craft brewers are opting to sell, California’s Ballast Point is planing on going public.
– Sparkling enthusiasts can now sign up for the first ever Champagne delivery club.
– A woman in Alaska is behind bars after attempting to smuggle alcohol into a dry village.
– Stoli has unveiled the first complete redesign of its vodka’s packaging in nearly 80 years.
– New York’s first organic beer company, Smart Beer, is releasing its flagship brew this fall.
– Finally, Italian scientists are working out new ways to harness the chemical potential of wine waste.
[Photo: Flickr/ Four Brewers]