Your daily dose of news and happenings from around the drink-o-sphere:
– The New York Times cocktail writer, Robert Simonson, highlights the ten drinks that made his career.
– Bill Murray tended bar at 21 Greenpoint to celebrate the opening of his son’s restaurant.
– The niche world of artisanal ice is turning back towards the traditional cube.
– Prosecco col fondo is a drier, yeastier form of the Italian sparkling wine that is poised to make a comeback.
– Finally, Dusty Baker, manager of the Washington Nationals, compares his experience coaching Major League Baseball to running his vineyard.
[Photo: Flickr/Paul Sherwood]