Your daily dose of news and happenings from around the drink-o-sphere:
– Lucky Peach has the story behind Rick Astley’s collaboration with Mikkeller.
– Simply because of its name, the tiny appellation of Saint-Amour sells a third of its annual output on Valentines Day every year.
– A home brewer in Queens, New York is hoping spontaneous fermentation will be the next beer trend.
– Imbibe talks music and cocktails with Brother Cleve, one of Boston’s most influential cocktail figures.
– David Wondrich tells the story behind the Americano cocktail.
– Finally, Taco Bell thinks that offering booze will win over the Chinese market.
[Photo: Flickr/Luiz Eduardo]