Your daily dose of news and happenings from around the drink-o-sphere:
– Sunny Balzano, the beloved barkeep and subject of the recently published Sunny’s Nights: Lost and Found at a Bar on the Edge of the World, is remembered in Red Hook, Brooklyn.
– Guinness Canada is getting flak for depicting a four-leaf clover rather than a traditional three-leaf shamrock in a Toronto ad campaign teasing St. Patrick’s Day.
– Winemaker Stefano Riboli, now 94-years-old, discusses his role in building San Antonio Winery, the oldest continuously running winery in Los Angeles.
– Weed-infused vodka and bacon fat make for an extra stiff Bloody Mary.
– Five dos and don’ts to keep in mind asking your sommelier for help.
– Finally, in anticipation of St. Paddy’s Day: a guide to a full day of drinking, eating and avoiding green beer.
[Photo: Flickr/Petr Dadák]