Your daily dose of news and happenings from around the drink-o-sphere:
– David Wondrich makes the case against bar stools.
– A chance discovery of cobblestone fields has yielded a unique wine growing territory in the Walla Walla Valley.
– A Montana man has been chronicling the state’s brewing history with decades worth of collected memorabilia.
– Eleven Madison Park will open a pop-up in the Hamptons while the Manhattan space undergoes renovations.
– One of Trump’s chief advisors is also an opinionated wine enthusiast.
– NPR covers the rise of the hazy IPA.
– Finally, a man in Russia’s Ural mountains has constructed a house out of 12,000 Champagne bottles.
[Photo: Flickr/Steve Snodgrass]