Your daily dose of news and happenings from around the drink-o-sphere:
– A stash of rare wine dating from the 19th century has been discovered under the floorboards of a Czech castle.
– Residue found on 5,000-year-old pottery shards offers new insight into China’s ancient brewing practices.
– Hoping to produce distinctive California wines, vintner Randall Grahm is breeding 10,000 new grape varieties.
– DJ Khaled declares himself the “Dussé Don” as he signs on as an ambassador to Jay Z’s cognac brand.
– Despite the existence of premium Cava, the Spanish sparkling wine faces an uphill battle as it strives to shake its budget image.
– Finally, distiller Dave Pickerell offers his insights on craft distilling and the resurgence of rye.
[Photo: Flickr/Fredrik Rubensson]