Your daily dose of news and happenings from around the drink-o-sphere:
– The inventors of powdered craft beer see potential for their product to become a culinary ingredient as well as a spirits mixer.
– Jancis Robinson reports a surge in tourism in port’s ancestral home, Porto, Portugal.
– 37-year-old Emma Walker is the chemist charged with reinvigorating Johnnie Walker after a recent sales slump.
– A new classification, Cava de Paraje, is designed to establish a premium category for the Spanish sparkling wine.
– Finally, The Washington Post talks with Robert Simonson about the modern cocktail renaissance.