Your daily dose of news and happenings from around the drink-o-sphere:
– Despite being the world’s fourth largest grape producer, Turkey’s wine industry faces challenges from terrorism and its own government.
– The quintessential celebratory drink, Champagne was once non-sparkling and red.
– Pamela Anderson is launching her own wine range inspired by French cinemas and drama, entitled “Contempt.”
– Winc, an online wine club, aims to use an algorithm to predict customers’ preferences.
– The hangover from Iceland’s prohibition, which was only repealed in 1989, has left the practice of bathtub brewing alive and well.
– Finally, Munchies talks with the inventor of blue wine.
[Photo: Flickr/Yi Wang]