Your daily dose of news and happenings from around the drink-o-sphere:
– Tristan Willey of Brooklyn’s Long Island Bar subjects three recently released celebrity whiskies to a taste test.
– Vermont vintner Deirdre Heekin of La Garagista winery has managed to produce some exceptional bottles, despite the state’s inhospitable climate to vines.
– The historic Campbell Apartment located in Grand Central terminal will shutter its doors tonight as it awaits new ownership.
– A selection of Oakland-based bartenders offer their favorite dive bars in the city.
– Finally, The New York Times reports on the growing trend of drinking Champagne on ice.
[Photo: Flickr/Jimmy Baikovicius]