Your daily dose of news and happenings from around the drink-osphere.
– According to Britain’s first Beer Sommelier of the Year, the shape of a glass affects the taste of your beer.
– A Scottish distillery has created the world’s first single malt vapor.
– In 1984, The Pogues sang about “Streams of Whiskey”—and now they’ve created their own.
– The New Yorker dined with Maximilian Josef Reidel, the eleventh-generation head of the glassware company that bears his name.
– Finally, for anyone who ever wished that vodka was more hydrating, a coconut water-based version is now on the market.
[Photo: Flickr/Richard Elzey]