Your daily dose of news and happenings from around the drink-o-sphere:
– Scottish distillers look to take on the dominant Scotch whisky industry with craft gin and alternative whiskies aged in barrels not made of oak.
– With the growing young middle class in China, craft beer is thriving despite the recent economic slowdown.
– Due to incorrectly calibrated breathalyzers, DUIs in Missouri from November 2012 to January 2014 are now inadmissible in state court.
– A returned bottle of vodka in a state-owned Toronto liquor store was found to have been replaced with water, which has has caused a change in Canadian policy: Returned liquor bottles now cannot be resold.
– Finally, in a country notorious for vodka consumption, Russian brewers and craft bars are satiating a new demand for craft beer.
[Photo: Flickr/Richard Minton]