Your daily dose of news and happenings from around the drink-o-sphere:
– The team of Belgian scientists that recently discovered seven Earth-like planets named the system and each exoplanet after their favorite beers.
– A landlord in Scotland has accepted £40,000 in stolen whisky in lieu of rent.
– Brewers are experimenting with adding actual insects to beer to acidify the brew.
– Budweiser is researching the possibility of brewing beer on Mars.
– Finally, Afar pegs Tijuana as the next notable craft beer destination.
– PUNCH has been nominated for Corriere della Serra’s Cucina Blog Award. More on the rest of the nominees in food, photography and more via the link.