Your daily dose of news and happenings from around the drink-o-sphere:
– To win over millenials, Big Beer is trying out advertising that’s decidedly different from past campaigns and betting on hard soda.
– Dunkin Donuts’ promotion of free coffee after every Patriots win resulted in more than 2.25 million complimentary cups this NFL season.
– Taking a cue from the wine industry, distilleries everywhere from Delaware to Scotland to Peru are starting to host overnight guests.
– One health professor is arguing that the Dry January campaign could “do more harm than good” by encouraging an all-or-nothing approach to alcohol.
– Wineries in New York’s Finger Lakes region are just now starting their ice wine harvest.
– Finally, the first winery in Curaçao, off the coast of Venezuela, is preparing to release its first batch of bottlings.
[Photo: Flickr/Merve Illeux]