Your daily dose of news and happenings from around the drink-o-sphere:
– Bacardi’s new marketing strategy to appeal to younger drinkers: Forget heritage, emphasize parties and loud music.
– Pappy Van Winkle bourbon is about to become even harder to find.
– Danny Meyer’s restaurant group, Union Square Hospitality, is eliminating tipping at all 13 of their restaurants.
– Dogfish Head spills the details behind the company’s new line of spirits.
– A recent survey shows that more young people in France are starting to drink wine again, after a 40-year decrease in overall wine consumption in the country.
– Finally, a primer on barleywine, the strongest style of beer out there.