Your daily dose of news and happenings from around the drink-o-sphere:
– In the New York Times, Robert Simonson traces the Moscow Mule’s rise from obscurity to ubiquity over the past decade.
– Food and drinks innovator, Dave Arnold, highlights the ten cocktails that made his career, from the Gin & Tonic to the Thai basil Daiquiri.
– New Orleans is a city that both enables and celebrates the art of day drinking.
– Novelist Rumaan Alam narrates how, much like Proust’s madeleine moment, tequila can trigger joyful memories.
– Finally, Roads & Kingdoms goes in search of the perfect mixer in Taiwan.
[Photo: Flickr/Phil Roeder]