Your daily dose of news and happenings from around the drink-o-sphere:
– Thad Vogler, owner of San Francisco’s Bar Agricole and Trou Normand, is opening a rum bar in the city’s Mission District.
– New Zealand’s wine industry is still scrambling to recover from the loss of millions of liters of wine following a recent earthquake.
– Researchers at UC Davis are mapping the genome sequence of cabernet sauvignon to better understand how it might resist climate change.
– Bartender Doug Quinn elaborates on the list of “Quinn’s Laws” that adorn the walls of Hudson Malone.
– Recognizing its unparalleled diversity and historical significance, Belgian beer has been added to UNESCO’s Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity list.
– A boom of new distillery openings is restoring Detroit to its Prohibition-era glory.
– Finally, Roads & Kingdoms explores the Purcari winery in Moldova.
[Photo: Flickr/Nico Kaiser]