Your daily dose of news and happenings from around the drink-o-sphere:
– Francis Ford Coppola resurrects the storied Inglenook vineyard with the help of vintner Philippe Bascaules.
– A former bartender at Hollywood hotspot, Cecconi’s, recounts how an encounter with Drake led to a $300 tip and renewed appreciation for his job.
– One wine writer likens the versatility of chenin blanc to the “wonderful, magical animal” that gives us bacon, ham, and pork chops.
– The geographic diversity of the Santa Cruz Mountains is responsible for some of the most exciting California pinot noir today.
– Sheep dung-smoked whale testicles, squid ink and beard yeast are just a few ingredients in the newest, weirdest beer taste test conducted by Bon Appétit.
– Finally, Drake will make his drinks world debut with the upcoming launch of Virginia Black, a “decadent American whiskey.”