Your daily dose of news and happenings from around the drink-o-sphere:
– Pajarete, a combination of fresh milk, chocolate, cane sugar and a measure of alcohol, is a popular Mexican hair-of-the-dog.
– At Aviary in Chicago, chef Grant Achatz applies his culinary techniques to cocktails.
– High-end grocery stores are increasingly offering a range of beers and wines to shoppers to be drunk in the store to encourage lingering.
– Macro breweries are investing in low-alcohol beers to appeal to health-conscious drinkers.
– Newly appointed U.K. prime minister, Theresa May, has a record of tough stances toward alcohol.
– Finally, the Chicago Tribune looks at the phenomenon of wine aged in whiskey barrels.
[Photo: Flickr/Jannis Andrija Schnitzer]