Your daily dose of news and happenings from around the drink-o-sphere:
– Hundreds of bottles of Trump Vodka were seized in Israel after its kosher classification turned out to be a scam.
– The contents of Tubi 60, a new spirit, remain a mystery despite its quick rise to ubiquity in Tel Aviv’s nightlife.
– Wealthy wine merchant Peter Deutsch claims that Fidelity Investments cheated him out of millions.
– In a blind tasting, a group of elite experts ranked English sparkling wine above Champagne.
– As whisky sales continue to climb in Japan, local farmers are swapping rice for barley to reap a portion of the profits.
– A new craft brewer has the Los Angeles beer community up in arms over a series of rude tweets, but some question whether the brewery even exists.
– Finally, Arvid Rosengren of New York City’s Charlie Bird wins the title of Best Sommelier in the World.
[Photo: Flickr/Kevin Gessner]