Your daily dose of news and happenings from around the drink-o-sphere:
– In Lucky Peach, Justin Kennedy offers a guide to sour beer around the world.
– Due to climate change, 2016 is forecasted to be one of the lowest wine-producing years on record, particularly in the southern hemisphere.
– In The Wall Street Journal, one writer recalls his experience of using an automated homebrewing machine, with less than stellar results.
– Rebecca Rosen, known as the falcon whisperer of Napa Valley, works with nine birds of prey to deter grape-eating birds from vineyards.
– Finally, Thrillist profiles Maggie Campbell, the 32-year-old rum distiller who has produced nothing but four star-rated spirits.
[Photo: Flickr/Luke Jones]