Your daily dose of news and happenings from around the drink-o-sphere:
– In response to Corona’s growing U.S. market share in the 1980s, Heineken started a widespread rumor that the light beer was made from urine.
– In the South African ritual known as umbuyiso, the Xhosa people prepare a traditional beer made from maize to be shared with all the guests.
– A Munchies correspondent reports on the experience of drinking at Pyongyang’s beer halls and sampling the seven beers on offer.
– In light of Yuengling’s endorsement of Trump, Tom Acitelli offers his views on why beer and politics shouldn’t mix.
– Budweiser is looking to grow its market in developing countries, as American beer drinkers turn their attention towards craft brewers.
[Photo: Flickr/Jirka Matousek]