Your daily dose of news and happenings from around the drink-o-sphere:
– AB Inbev and SABMiller’s merger has finally happened: SABMiller sells to AB InBev for close to $108 billion.
– On the other end of the brewing spectrum: The US dominates the craft brewing world.
– There’s science behind the old adage, “Beer before liquor, never been sicker.”
– French officials rain-checked dinner with the Iranian President after seeing the wine-free menu.
– Under 21s in Minnesota will have a reason to celebrate—and drink—if the state decides to lower the drinking age to eighteen.
– … while in the UK, police seized an impressive haul of alcohol from a house party attended by 100 minors.
– Finally, did you hear the one about the Florida cop who was too drunk to accept his award from Mothers Against Drunk Driving?
[Photo: Flickr/Simon Cocks]