Your daily dose of news and happenings from around the drink-o-sphere:
– A tanker carrying Spanish wine has been attacked by French winemakers in protest of “unfair competition.”
– Francis Ford Coppola Winery has secured a position as the official wine sponsor of the Academy Awards for at least the next three years.
– The Los Angeles Times reports that three California wines will be served at Trump’s inaugural lunch.
– Turkey’s Assyrian winemakers are not being deterred by the civil war at their doorstep.
– Finally, Eater explores the return of the macro beer and the notion of beer “poptimism.”