Your daily dose of news and happenings from around the drink-o-sphere:
– A winemaker in France has been caught passing off Spanish wine as French.
– German pinot noir is filling the void left by hail-stricken Burgundy.
– Aaron Goldfarb offers his top 15 best beer lists in America.
– Vinho verde usually conjures up visions of white wine, but vinhão is changing that.
– Rum is the foundation spirit of tiki, but another spirit, gin, shines in many recipes from tiki greats.
– Finally, Eric Asimov highlights the potential of white wine from Etna.
[Photo: Flickr/Chris Lexow]