Your daily dose of news and happenings from around the drink-o-sphere:
– A Turin café outraged Italian customers this past New Year’s Eve when they tacked on a one-euro “festive charge” to all espresso purchases.
– Specialty glassware makers like The Pretentious Beer Glass Company are out to educate drinkers on how different glass shapes affect the taste of beer.
– Irish, Canadian and specialty batch whiskies are in store for a big 2016.
– According to a new study, the average office coffee machine contains 35 to 67 different types of bacteria.
– Seven current craft beer brands will lose their independent, craft status in 2016, according to the Brewers Association.
– French actor and renowned wine-drinker Gérard Depardieu stars in Saint Amour, France’s answer to Sideways.
[Photo: Flickr/Luca Ciriani]