Your daily dose of news and happenings from around the drink-o-sphere:
– Paul Pontallier, the long-time managing director of Bordeaux’s Château Margaux, dies of cancer.
– Boutique and small-batch distilleries are responsible for doubling the number of gin producers in Britain in six years, with 49 opening last year alone.
– Even some organic wines test positive for glyphosate, the active chemical ingredient found in Monsanto’s weedkiller.
– “Cocktails are to wine as wit is to wisdom,” is just one in a collection of musings on the mixed drink’s rightful place within philosophical discussion.
– Kuvée Bottle, a new wine dispenser equipped with wifi, attempts to redefine wine industry packaging by preventing oxidation for up to 30 days from the initial pour.