Your daily dose of news and happenings from around the drink-o-sphere:
– Anty Gin, a new product from Cambridge Distillery, is flavored with formic acid harvested from red wood ants.
– Germany is witnessing a wave of new gin distilleries opening across the country.
– Food Republic explores the trend of charcoal activation in cocktails.
– A number of Irish whiskey distillers are aging their products for longer periods, essentially creating a super-premium category.
– Finally, Eric Asimov discusses the importance of context in wine tasting.