Your daily dose of news and happenings from around the drink-o-sphere:
– Ambergris, a substance formed in the intestines of sperm whales prior to being regurgitated, is the latest unusual ingredient to make its way into craft beer.
– Nashik, one of India’s holiest places, is garnering a reputation as a vinicultural destination, already producing several award-winning wines.
– Distillers in drought-stricken San Francisco are harvesting water from fog for use in the production of vodka.
– Lucky Peach takes a scientific look at the chilling and dilution of cocktails through a series of experiments.
– Jon Bonné calls canned rosé “one of those perfect summer ideas” and argues for its continued existence.
– Florida-based “High Heeled Brewing” is the latest venture looking to tap into the women’s beer market by using overtly gendered marketing.
– Finally, The Wall Street Journal investigates the role of beer throughout American history.
[Photo: Flickr/Gavin Schaefer]