Your daily dose of news and happenings from around the drink-o-sphere:
– Cheers, SoCal: A good number of Southern California’s craft breweries won big at this year’s Great American Beer Festival.
– Playboy Enterprises is in hot water over their self-branded vodka: They’re being sued for $12 million for breach of contract, and for refusing to pay some $800,000 in royalty advances.
– Many of California’s vineyards have been spared from being scorched by wildfires, but vines are still sensitive to smoke and fumes. Could the 2015 harvest be in trouble?
– Yuengling execs claim they had no knowledge of the ‘pay-to-play’ bribes one of its distributors was paying to get the beer into popular Boston bars.
– Finally, the latest breaking news in the race for the White House: Hilary Clinton is not a “pumpkin spice latte kind of gal.”
[Photo: Flickr/Keith Kissel]