Your daily dose of news and happenings from around the drink-o-sphere:
– The longtime frat-house staple, Jägermeister, has recently earned the respect of bartenders across the country.
– The steady rise of craft beer, which uses three times as much malt as its industrial counterparts, has provided a significant boost to the European barley market.
– Vinepair traces the history of the beer bong back to its rudimentary medieval roots.
– Devil’s Backbone brewers will host the Virginia Craft Brewers Fest for the final time, despite being excluded from competition due to its recent acquisition by Anheuser-Busch.
– Aaron Goldfarb asks whether the session IPA was simply the final stepping stone to get craft beer drinkers to re-embrace the lager.
– Finally, Munchies visits the Taiwanese distillery creating the world’s best whiskey.