Your daily dose of news and happenings from around the drink-o-sphere:
– In Lucky Peach, agave advocate Erick Rodríguez offers his seven top tips for enjoying mezcal.
– Troy Casey’s approach to brewing beer is more akin to winemaking, but it’s working.
– A new venture called True Craft is pouring big bucks into craft breweries to keep them autonomous from Big Beer.
– In Japan, sake has a reputation as an old man’s drink, but in the United States, its popularity is on the rise as the wine world embraces the fermented rice drink as its own.
– In GQ, Mark Byrne offers his take on the natural wine trend.
– Seminole Nation has devoted a portion of its land in Oklahoma to a new vineyard venture in the hopes of bringing economic opportunity to its citizens.
– The Wall Street Journal profiles star sommelier, Rajeev Vaidya.
– Finally, the 1934 classic, The Waldorf Astoria Bar Book, has been re-released and updated by the current bar manager.
[Photo: Flickr/Darij & Anna]