Your daily dose of news and happenings from around the drink-o-sphere:
– A fountain in Abruzzo, Italy now dispenses locally produced wine at all times.
– David Wondrich writes in defense of several overlooked classic cocktails, like the Sidecar and the Blood and Sand.
– In Decanter, Carson Demmond explores a promising shift in California zinfandel.
– Starbucks has introduced The Espresso Cloud IPA, a drink consisting of beer topped with espresso foam, served with a shot of espresso on the side.
– Jeffrey Morgenthaler’s definition of hospitality only succeeds when both bartenders and customers participate.
– Finally, in Roads & Kingdoms, one writer enjoys the healing properties of Slovenia’s honey liqueur, known as medica.
[Photo: Flickr/Tim Sackton]